DevOps Engineer – Bel Air
This role is for a DevOps engineer that understands the DevOps mindset and can help shape and develop infrastructure and full lifecycle, automated, product delivery solutions. You will be utilizing your knowledge and experience in software development, systems administration, development operations, performance monitoring / reporting, and Agile to build high-performance, scalable solutions for our customers.
You will be supporting DevOps initiatives and developing systems and software to create automated build environments, and full Continuous Integration / Continuous Deployment solutions. Understanding configuration management and infrastructure as code are key to the success of this role. You will understand and work well in Agile environments and have hands on experience with DevOps and full lifecycle ALM tools, including administration, configuration, development and deployment.
You will represent The Go2Group as a Subject Matter Expert and guide our customers to success.
- Be the technical face of The Go2Group to our customers and serve as a lead to guide development teams to automation and Continuous Deployment.
- Develop, configure and administer DevOps and ALM solutions.
- Systems administration of Linux and Windows based environments.
- Evaluation and integration of IT systems and development tools, and replace where needed.
- Identify and address system performance bottlenecks in high availability environments.
- Perform configuration management duties and develop infrastructure automation code.
- Evangelize best practice DevOps and Agile within the broader organization.
- Provide technical support to developers around tool usage and build environments.
- Provide guidance to establish and implement build methodologies.
- Create and maintain build automation and deployment code for production environments.
- Integrate software tool-chain into a Continuous Integration environment.
Required Skills / Experience:
- Must have a strong customer focus, and is capable of technical deep-dives into servers, databases, load balancers, operating systems, networks, build automation and related code.
- Self-starter, independent thinker.
- Ability to work in a collaborative team environment or independently as needed.
- A background in software development with a diverse range of experience including coding, test automation, managing and configuring databases (both relational and non-relational), and system administration.
- Hands on system administration experience with Linux, Windows Servers, Apache, IIS, MS SQL, PostgreSQL, Oracle.
- Hands on experience with the following or related technologies: Git, BitBucket, Subversion, Crucible, Jenkins, Bamboo, Nexus, Artifactory, Ansible, Puppet, Chef, Docker, Kubernetes, Vagrant, JIRA, TeamCity.
- Hands on experience administering Altassian products (Jira, Confluence, BitBucket, Bamboo, Fisheye/Crucible, etc.)
- Hands on experience with scripting (perl, bash, python) and software development (Java, Node JS, Angular).
- Experience with Atlassian plugin development.
- Experience with public cloud providers such as AWS, Azure, GCP, and related cloud architectures.
- BS in Computer Science, IT, Engineering or equivalent experience.
- 3-5 years of experience as a software or DevOps engineer, with experience in Linux and Windows administration.
Preferred Skills / Experience:
- Atlassian Certifications
- Atlassian plugin development
- AWS Certifications
- Cloud Bees Certifications
- Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) Certified