https://www.go2group.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/10/Blog-JIRA-Core.jpg 350 700 Bharath Venkatesh https://www.go2group.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/Enfold-G2G-Logo-300x138.png Bharath Venkatesh2016-10-26 16:00:002018-11-28 01:39:50Boards and mobile apps increase the value of Jira Core
3 min read
Business teams work more efficiently when using Jira Core enhancementsNew feature enhancements to Jira Core make it easier for business teams to manage their projects. Since Jira was redesigned into three purpose-built versions last year, non-software teams have been using Jira Core to manage projects such as marketing, operations, finance, legal, human resources, and others. For organizations with a Jira Software Cloud instance, Jira Core is already included in Jira Cloud. Jira Core users have requested additional features, and the latest update of Jira Core delivers the most requested enhancements.
Jira Core Boards make it easy to visualize business project managementOrganizations using a Jira Cloud instance may have noticed the icon on the Jira sidebar. A board is automatically created every time a new project is created; all business projects now have boards. Source: Atlassian Jira Core business boards visually demonstrate defined workflows. The order of columns can easily be redefined by the project administrator to most accurately represent the order of processes managed. Boards provide an easy view of the tasks in a project. Tasks displayed in the boards provide the basic information required for project monitoring. Tasks can be quickly filtered using any of these three filters:
- Assigned to me (the person viewing the task)
- Due this week
Mobile support brings Jira Core anywhereEarlier this year, iPhone applications for Jira and Confluence were offered to Atlassian users. Now, Jira for Android (currently in Beta) is also available. These apps are now available for download by Jira Core Cloud users. With mobile apps, task management no longer requires a computer connection. The new phone apps support many of the same features available in Jira Core. Users of Jira for iPhone and Jira for Android (which can be viewed on Android phones, Android-enabled tablets and computers, and even on Android-enabled FireTV and other devices) can now enjoy the following features:
- Users can check project progress in the same way they can see it on a laptop or desktop computer
- Comments and feedback can be immediately entered so that opinions can be stated in a timely manner
- Task notifications can be received on the iPhone or Android device, and team members can receive @mention notices when notifications are sent out
- Users can search, transition, update, and add photos or videos to any task
Marketing Manager at Go2Group
As a B2B marketing professional, I specialize in go-to-market strategy that helps organizations use both offline and digital platform to connect with their audience and create a customer-centric brand. My background includes more than 8+ years of marketing experience in planning marketing programs, lead generation, social media engagement, budgeting and campaign planning, webinars and trade show management, comprehensive product promotion campaigns and analytics.
Latest posts by Bharath Venkatesh (see all)
- Gartner Symposium/ITxpo 2017 Stresses Hybrid Integration Platforms as Key to Modernizing Organizations - October 26, 2017
- Easily Configure Smartcard Connections to Atlassian Apps - October 16, 2017
- We’ll show you Digital Transformation at Gartner Symposium/ITxpo 2017 - September 20, 2017
Also published on Medium.